The health of an employee is important to the organisation and …… It should be.
Clinical & Lab Tests
We offer a complete range of tests and capabilities. We carry clinical and pathology tests.
At OHIS we carry out a medical assessment and provide relevant certiﬁcate for basic.
At OHIS, we carry out a medical assessment and provide relevant certificate for basic, industry specfic and statutory medicals. This approach includes completion of the necessary paperwork, e.g. employee details (Name, date of birth, address, occupation, details of the employer), Patient Health Questionnaire, and consents forms by the employee. This paperwork can be completed electronically, either remotely or at the clinic. It will be assessed by the clinician to make necessary arrangements and be ready to deal with the type of medical assessment/ clinical query during the assessment.
The primary assessment includes PHQ review, measurement of height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, urinalysis, blood glucose, peak flow, vision including colour vision, audiometry (hearing test). Further assessments can be carried out depending upon the type of medicals which includes spirometry (lung function test), ECG, Chester step test, blood tests (haematology, biochemistry, immunology& virology), drug and alcohol test, keystone eye test (e.g. for depth perception), TB (Quantiferon), blood-borne viruses, cultures and swabs, pregnancy test, Xrays, CT, ultrasound scans, bruce protocol (treadmill test) and other special tests and investigations where indicated.
After initial tests, the results are compiled and added to the employee’s confidential electronic record. The employee will be seen by an occupational health physician for clinical examination and discussion about the results of relevant investigations. Depending upon the combined assessment, if successful, a medical certificate is issued. If unsuccessful, the employee will be informed, and further advice is provided. If the clinician requires additional clinical information from a third party, e.g. an employee’s GP, a letter requesting that information is arranged with the employee’s consent. If the employer refers the employee, then the outcome is shared with the referring manager without any breach to medical confidentiality.
The routine medicals include the following.
- Pre-Employment/In Employment
- Pre-Placement/Fitness for course, study
- Fitness to travel (depends upon country, area of work, location, time zone, etc)
- Fitness to practice medicine/exposure prone procedures (for clinical staff)
- Occupational Driving e.g. LGV,HGV, PCV, Forklift truck, Crane Operator etc.
- Working at heights, Rope Access, Confined space, safety critical work, forestry workers, farm workers.
- Pre-Employment/In Employment
- Waste management, laboratory workers, Trade specific- cutters, grinders, welders.
- HAVS (hand arm vibration syndrome) assessments- Level 1-4
- OGUK (Oil & Gas UK)
- Norwegian and Dutch waters workers
- ERT (Emmergency Response Team)
- EBS (fit to train)
- ENG ( Maritime and Coastguard Agency)
- Food Handlers (offshore/Onshore catering)
- Pre-Employment/ In Employment
- Renewable UK (RUK)
- IR- Ionising Radiation (TBC)
- Asbestos (TBC)
- Lead (TBC)
- Leg Entry
- Motor Sports Association (MSA) medical
- BP medicals for deployment in Iraq
- VISA Medicals
- Airside Medicals
When it comes to occupational health in Aberdeen, OHIS is our 'Go-To Provider'. Very few come close to the dedication and quality of service provided by OHIS.
When it comes to occupational health in Aberdeen, OHIS is our 'Go-To Provider'. Very few come close to the dedication and quality of service provided by OHIS. Kind Regards, Daniel
REQUEST A CALL BACK
If you feel like something is not right or you have any doubt on what might be going on with you, call us and we will get in touch with you to help you with anything you might be going through.